Monday 22 March 2010

Rainbow Rag Rug

This is my first post and it coincides with another first - the making of my very first crochet rag rug!

Clearing my son's bedroom out ready for decorating and decided to declutter his drawers and wardrobe; I ended up with a huge pile of colourful clothes......'hmmmm.....charity bag or something else?' I wondered.

Well, something else won out.

I am so pleased with my efforts so far, this is so easy to do and yet so effective. I cut the t-shirts into 3/4" strips and used a size 10mm crochet hook to double crochet (UK) in lines (just did a chain of 35). It takes shape really quickly, the most time consuming part is cutting the strips.

I am now fervently scouring the wardrobes and everyone is hiding their clothes - now are you SURE you still wear that t-shirt.....???

No comments:

Post a Comment